Old May 23rd 19, 12:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default NASA?s full Artemis plan revealed: 37 launches and a lunar outpost

In article , lid
says...
See:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019...lunar-outpost/

Plans are easy. They've been told they need to get back to the moon
quickly, so they've produced a plan to do so.

Doesn't mean it will happen, or even that the people at NASA think it
will happen.

It's a good way of telling contractors to increase their prices though.

Also doesn't mean Congress will fund any of this. They'll be suspicious
that the early funding requests are just the tip of the iceberg and that
huge increases will be looming in the years ahead. This has doomed
every single "plan" that NASA has had to go beyond LEO since the 1970s
to today.

Jeff