Old August 8th 07, 10:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: 29 hours of High QE imaging of M27

Thanks for the hint Rick. I did a "copy and paste" to AstroArt and split it
into RGB there. The SII is really cool, quite different to Ha and OIII.

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Kev wrote:
"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message

Great image Richard.
The long exposure time certainly paid off. As you mention the sulfur
channel, do you have that channel as a separate image somewhere? I know
how M27 looks in Halpha and OIII, but I don't have a clue about SII.

Actually I would love to see all 3 separate to see how it composes.

Anyway

Great work Richard

Kev

If you have Photoshop or another image processing program that allows you
to see the RGB color planes of a color image then you already have the
separate images. Richard doesn't make a synthetic Luminosity image so the
data you want is there in his photos. The red plane is Sulfur, the green
hydrogen and blue oxygen in this photo. He used a different palette for
the Veil shot he posted. I've been told the free GIMP will do this. I
don't have it so can't verify that.

Rick