Old October 10th 06, 04:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alan Anderson

Default Scientists teleport two different objects

wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that this technology is FTL, and not subject
to any kind of range restriction or interference/ signal blockage?

The technology is definitely limited by the speed of light. There has
to be a regular communication channel in order to let the receiving end
know what the result of the "measurement" was at the sending end.

[There does seem to be something FTL going on with the entangled states
of the "probe" particles (see Bell's Inequality), but if it's real, it's
apparently something we mere mortals cannot access. Instantaneous
communication of hidden variables is strictly reserved for the universe
itself.]