Old January 8th 07, 03:34 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Chris L Peterson

Default Need help with FITS -

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 00:50:14 -0600, Big Mak Attack
wrote:

Im using a Tucam, and Sac-IV, and may be using several older digital cameras
like the Kodak DC-4 etc... What I have however are many jpeg files sent to
me by others I want to process to
send back. I should get these people to send in some other format.

To the extent you have control over it, make sure that you have
streaming compression disabled, and if possible use a capture program
like K3CCD that can save directly to lossless formats. K3CCD can even
save to FITS directly.

I have Photoshop and can do this. I wasnt aware there was a
fits plugin.

Try this: http://www.astroshed.com/fitsplug/fitsplug.htm . The old
shareware version is all you need.

Chris L Peterson