Old December 27th 08, 01:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 2175 with (faulty?) new 6" achromat

Great picture Rick. I have never imaged that one, not sure if I have seen
pictures of it before. The other "big" galaxy is quite large for being 900
million lightyears away.

Stefan

"Stefan Lilge" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On December 24 I got my new 152/900 mm achromatic refractor, which I
bought as a "light bucket" for narrow band images with short focal length
(with the option to get f/3.9 with a focal reducer).
Unfortunately the star test looks quite strange, see the image at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/FokusIRSperr.jpg
If anyone knows what is ailing this scope please let me know (looks like
undercorrection?)

Anyway, in Halpha the scope delivers sharp pictures, but brighter stars
have "dents" as if there was something in the path of light, which
definately was not the case.

I'll post two pictures, first is Halpha only, the second Ha:OIII:OIII

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 152/900mm achromat, G11 mount,
SXV-H9 camera, 7x10 minutes through Astronomik Halpha 13nm, 4x10 minutes
through Astronomik OIII.

Pictures can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/2175-600sHa7x10gut.jpg
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/2175colourgut.jpg