Old February 24th 04, 01:26 AM
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: Helluva CCD chip

"Dennis Persyk" wrote in message
m...
I like my dinky little MX716 camera because it reads out all 361 K
pixels in about 5 seconds. The readout time on that Fairchild beast
is 5.6 minutes. Heck, you could almost develop a roll of film in that
time. Besides, what do you do with 15 micron pixels?

I use 24x24 micron pixels in my Dream Machine camera (TK1024 sensor,
1024x1024, ~1" on a side) on my c14 at 4430mm focal length. I like the
results I get with it.

here are a few samples:

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...la_ha_page.htm

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...ha_n2_page.htm

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...close_page.htm

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...m_sii_page.htm

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...hao3b_page.htm

etc

I think big pixels are great. They are really fast. With my C14 and my AO7
used with the beam splitter, the 24x24 micron pixels of the TK1024 work
fine.