Old October 27th 18, 06:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 15:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 3:10:49 PM UTC-6, Bill wrote:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:48:07 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 10:53:10 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 19:51:25 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel wrote:

then I could know if the lost mass was something known/identifiable
matter - or if the lost actually represented some sort of new
enigma.

Methinks you are speculating in a vacuum.

Well,a vacuum? Damn Gary... All those years in school, board exams,
licensing, and all that effort and expense... Sigh...

As for techonolgy that could be employed to further establish the nature
of MacDougall's missing mass - let's just hit the ones I think are
obvious: mass spectromety, chromatography, flir.

For the first two, you'd need a piece of the unidentified stuff, but we
don't. FLIR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ewYs_4cho

It was claimed that a cold spot moved across the view, but I didn't see
it. Oh, well :-(

There's a group called AWARE that's performing experiments on people who
have near-death experiences.

https://www.iands.org/news/news/fron...published.html

We're not communicating.

Sure we are. You sent me a message, I sent you a message, you sent one back,
I'm sending one back :-)

I've taking NO position, or side, concerning the debate here about the
existence of a human soul; and I refuse to be drawn into that
discussion.

You are a very wise person since debate is worthless. The only thing that
counts is experimental data, and the only experimental data in existence
is a bit thin. I find it very interesting that when thin data exists, there
are many who will prefer to beat the drum for an opposing position which has
NO data.

Ok, now I follow. Thanks. (Yeh, not FLIR, but FTIR
spectrometer/analyser. Sorry)
--
Email address is a Spam trap.