Old October 26th 18, 05:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 19:51:25 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel wrote:

Exactly. Noting that mass was lost at time of death is interesting, but
simply not good enough for me to assert it was a "soul" that departed
the body.

SOMETHING left. "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains,
however improbable, must be the truth"

If the experiment could have been performed in a closed system (MacDougall
didn't have the means)

Really? How do you know this? His system was closed except for air. Do
you understand WHY that's not important?

then I could know if the lost mass was something known/identifiable matter
- or if the lost actually represented some sort of new enigma.

Methinks you are speculating in a vacuum.

Well,a vacuum? Damn Gary... All those years in school, board exams,
licensing, and all that effort and expense... Sigh...

As for techonolgy that could be employed to further establish the nature
of MacDougall's missing mass - let's just hit the ones I think are
obvious: mass spectromety, chromatography, flir.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.