Old April 30th 15, 11:15 AM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Any more news on the cargo ship problem?

In article om,
says...

On 15-04-29 22:10, Jeff Findley wrote:

They say that the de-orbit may happen in early May.

May 1 is Friday, so very soon.

Various web sites now provide an estimate of re-entry on May 9th at
10:40 UTC. At that point, the orbit goes up the east coast of USA,
trhough western europe, down east side of middle east, through indian
ocean and passes south of australia.

Estimates show +- 8 hours, or roughly +- 5 orbits, so that means a big
swath of land inside the north american contenent could be covered if it
is late coming down.

That's what I'd expect. As we get closer, estimates may get better.
Or, they may not. Remember Skylab? Even using the attitude control
system to modulate the drag, Skylab still came down somewhat
unpredictably.

Jeff