Old August 28th 14, 08:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Evidence for Supernovas Near Earth

Evolutionary sciences are the most intricate of all including stellar evolutionary processes insofar as the star itself is moving through space and this influences what is and is not possible.

For instance, these poor folk have the solar system moving through supernova remnants and then conclude that this had an effect on the Earth's climate in the past notwithstanding that everything in the galaxy is more or less moving around the galactic center in tandem -

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap000412.html

I came across this type of poor thinking in plate tectonics where the surface is meant to move over stationary 'hotspots' notwithstanding that the idea of thermal convection of the fluid interior was considered to be moving the crust -

http://geology.com/usgs/hawaiian-hot...n-hot-spot.jpg

In other words, evolutionary processes such as plate tectonics,stellar evolution or galactic evolution without taking into account dynamics is a sterile affair insofar as dynamics are a common feature of all causes/effects and processes.

The idea that certain supernova events represent a transition phase which gives rise to a solar system rather than the death of a star should be appealing rather than looking around the galaxy for another star to do the job of supplying material for the planets including our own bodies. I do not mind if this view is in its infancy but already the geometry of that transition phase is there for all to see.