Old August 27th 14, 07:39 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Evidence for Supernovas Near Earth

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:31:43 AM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
I found this article to be fascinating...

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...g_localbubble/

"August 26, 2014: Once every 50 years, more or less, a massive star explodes somewhere in the Milky Way. The resulting blast is terrifyingly powerful, pumping out more energy in a split second than the sun emits in a million years. At its peak, a supernova can outshine the entire Milky Way.

It seems obvious that you wouldn't want a supernova exploding near Earth. Yet there is growing evidence that one did -- actually, more than one. About 10 million years ago, a nearby cluster of supernovas went off like popcorn. We know because the explosions blew an enormous bubble in the interstellar medium, and we're inside it."

\Paul A

No coherent picture whatsoever and nothing to recommend it despite some excellent work previously but such is this vapid era of undoing advances in understanding.

Twenty four years ago I put together a narrative where certain supernova represent the birth of a solar system rather than the death of a star insofar as the supernova event represents a transition phase in the life cycle of a star where it becomes more compact while divesting itself of that material which constitutes the planets,moon and all within it including the material of our own bodies.

It all has a geometry to it -

http://www.spacetelescope.org/static...carboni_02.jpg

This type of approach doesn't invite the childish or those who simply conjure up any assertion that enters their head with no linkage to stellar evolution nor the clues left within the solar system to the origins of material. There is something wonderful looking out at our parent star with the knowledge that it once held the materials that make up Jupiter,Venus and more importantly the Earth . This view takes into account that the planets move from liquid to gas the further the distance from the Sun but with these empirical jokers now introducing 'blobs' it looks like the one productive area of study within the past one hundred years will go the same way as the rest of astronomy.