Old November 8th 10, 06:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default The First Step in Creating a Space Age - Treat Earth as a Planet

On Nov 7, 10:24*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
On Nov 7, 5:26*pm, William Mook wrote:

Earth as a planet means Earth treated as a single entity of production
and consumption. *Which stands in marked contrast to treating Earth as
a divided and fractious collection of 266 nations each on their own
geopolitical position defined by their access or not to resources and
defined by their ability to trick, cajole or force others to hand over
what they need at the expense of the rest.

It is clear that despite well defined limits and options we have not
made good decisions related to the development of energy resources on
this planet.

It is likely we have not made good decisions related to the
development of other primary resources as well.

So, its worth thinking of a goal and determining if this goal is at
all feasible!

It turns out that it may be!

8 billion millionaires is one place to start. *Its a well defined
target. *We find that to achieve this goal we need vastly more than is
currently being produced in terms of food, energy, wood, metals, and
so on.

When, we look at what the entire planet has to offer we find that we
have enough - surprisingly.

In the end, we look at the Earth as we might look at a space colony -
and we find that we have plenty of everything to go around - if we
trouble ourselves to invest in the most productive infrastructure
possible and apply it as broadly as possible leaving no one out.

When we do this we find that approximately 800,000 sq km of solar
collectors, 800,000 sq km of green houses in the desert, a few large
water works programs, and careful management of 800,000 sq km of Taiga
forest, combined with the development of a yet to be determined number
of deep sea trenches - connected together with space based
communications, space based navigation, space based sensing, and a
network of hydrogen filled hydrogen fueled UAV - creates a system that
achieves the initial target of 8 billion millionaires.

From the productivity of this asset we can see how our economy might
adopt it as a private public partnership - allocating what Ford calls
efficiency bonuses to workers, management, investors, government, and
buyers alike.

This is all well and good, except for the usual part where William
Mook does nothing.

Motivating poor folks to do whatever they can't possibly afford to
accomplish isn't exactly a working plan, and especially dysfunctional
if there's no actual leadership by anyone other than yourself. *Do you
even have a short list of who would be put in charge of what, and have
any of them been contacted by you?

*~ BG

The 10 million millionaires have $40 trillion. With the collapse of
the US banking system and the imminent unraveling of the US monetary
system they're looking for a place to put their money. A few billion
to build a 'production cell' that puts all the pieces together is the
first step. Then, building a factory that makes factories to make the
things we need to live. Like I said;

Five Years to Engineer and Develop
Five Years to build the supply chain
Five Years to build the products

We start with 1 cell and grow it 100x over three years by building a
production cell per year - of each type needed to support the supply
chain.