Old January 11th 04, 03:56 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default CAIB report: Change management. OK, by the way, get good managers too.

"LooseChanj" wrote in message
.. .
On or about Fri, 09 Jan 2004 20:31:09 -0500, Rick DeNatale

made the sensational claim that:
The same is true today, except for two things. 1) The public tends to
think of the Astronauts more like Airline Pilots and Business
Travellers,and 2) Budget and schedule pressures have more influence on
the calculations.

The same is *not* true today. People didn't die during Apollo

spaceflights.

No, they died on the ground. In some ways that was worse. A plugs out
ground test, everyone KNEW that was safe! Until it wasn't.

I've always kind of wondered what peoples' attitudes would be if someone

had
been lost early. Really early, like during Mercury or Gemini. How would

such
a loss have shaped public opinion to this day?

We'd have kept flying.

--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | This space is for

rent
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | Inquire within if

you
No person, none, care | and it will reach me | Would like your ad

here