Old April 1st 21, 06:12 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default gemini in south australia

"Big Robbie" wrote in message

I remember that gemini capsule. I saw it at whyalla airport as a kid in
the 60s.
Ed Farrell

I made enquiries at the Johnson Space Centre when I visited in May 2018.
Apparently it was the Gemini 10 capsule that I saw as a young boy at the
Brisbane showground Pavillion in the 60's and it was the real deal.

yep I remember those days, it was about late 1960, may have been early
1961. Gemini 10. It was at the Brisbane Showgrounds but it spent a day on
a low loader in the Coles shopping centre carpark of the bayside suburb of
Wynnum in Florence Street. I went to see it there. I have somewhat of a
photographic memory and if I try hard enough I can even give you a date.
But the thing that struck me was it was burnt black, and I thought "huh!!,
didn't they bother to clean it??" ( hahah I was only 4 and a half years old
then )

Couldn't have been 1960. Gemini's first flight was 1964 (uncrewed Gemini 1)
and 10 didn't fly until 1966.

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/