Old May 30th 12, 08:02 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default VARIABLE SPEED OF LIGHT OR VARIABLE WAVELENGTH?

http://physics.ucsd.edu/students/cou...ecture5-11.pdf
"Doppler Shift. As long as the velocity of the observer, v, is much smaller than the speed of light, c, (for the case of sound waves much smaller than the speed of sound) then the expression that we derived is a very good approximation. Taking into account v may be in the opposite direction: f'=f(1±v/c). At this point you might ask why the shift in direction from the discussion of the equivalence principle. Soon, as we shall see, we can put this together with the equivalence principle to derive the gravitational redshift of light! In 1960 Pound and Rebka and later, 1965, with an improved version Pound and Snider measured the gravitational redshift of light using the Harvard tower, h=22.6m. From the equivalence principle, at the instant the light is emitted from the transmitter, only a freely falling observer will measure the same value of f that was emitted by the transmitter. But the stationary receiver is not free falling. During the time it takes light to travel to the top of the tower, t=h/c, the receiver is traveling at a velocity, v=gt, away from a free falling receiver. Hence the measured frequency is: f'=f(1-v/c)=f(1-gh/c^2)."

There are only two sets of values for the measured speed of light (c') and the measured wavelength (L'):

(A) c' = c-v = c(1-gh/c^2) ; L' = L

(B) c' = c ; L' = L/(1-v/c) = L/(1-gh/c^2)

The equations (A) are fundamental in Newton's emission theory of light (many Einsteinians teach them implicitly). They obey a principle valid for all waves - the motion of the observer cannot change the wavelength but does change the measured speed of the waves.

The equations (B) are so absurd that even Einsteinians never mention them. Yet the absurd equations are crucial for the survival of Divine Albert's Divine Theory.

Pentcho Valev