Old February 25th 04, 06:53 PM
Not My Name

Default Wormlike Structures in Meridiani Outcrop on Mars

If you see here fossiles of worms (and spherules), it might be because the
ancient martian life forms used this place to .. you know. I suppose they
don't have any gas evaporation measurement device on board? What a smell!

If we ever find life (existing) in Mars, what energy it would possibly use
to sustain it's growth?
Most of life in earth benefits on other life forms. Even soil is full of
life and product of life.
The only existing life I could imagine would be something that uses the
energy of the Sun. If there were life it had been there a long long time.
This means that if we see some we will see a plenty of it or nothing at
all.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:57:13 +0000, Informer
wrote:

After Opportunity used the RAT to shave through one of the rocks in the
outcrop it revealed at least two puzzling, fossil-like structures. See
attached enhancement. Can anyone explain what this might be? One looks
like the "positive" and the other the "negative" impression within the folds
of the rock. I cannot think of any natural process that would created
stuctures like this. They truly look like fossils but I am not jumping to
any conclusions. Have a gander for yourself and post your thoughts.