Old December 15th 09, 02:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Carl Ampo

Default The sky was full of meteors!

This must be an error. No reports show anything even remotely close to the
number of ones you recorded. Are you sure you're not confusing data with a
prior shower?

"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message
The Geminids put on a very impressive performance over Colorado this
year. Last night my video allsky camera recorded 298 meteors, of which
at least 232 were Geminids. It caught a total of 419 Geminids over the
last four nights. Although the camera is only sensitive to magnitude 1,
it recorded a peak rate of 50 meteors per hour at 4am local this morning
(UT 11:00 14 December). I went out a few times during the night and
always saw many events, typically two or three per minute.

I've posted a composite image and many fireball videos at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/geminid2009.html

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com