Old December 15th 09, 12:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
AM

Default The sky was full of meteors!

uncarollo wrote:
On Dec 14, 11:41 am, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I've posted a composite image and many fireball videos at

http://www.cloudbait.com/science/geminid2009.html

Impressive!! Love it.

Rolando

Yes, no question !

I only saw 12 from 5:18 - 5:56 am EST
But then I'm under mag 4.0 skies at best, with
massive lighting 300m away in the park. (tho was
able to shield myself from them somewhat)

The brightest emanated from Castor's foot to
almost the ground, very bright. One went from
N to S just west of Mars.

All the rest emanated from the Leo area, and streaked
ESE above Corvus and Crater, with one exception
which sailed right past Saturn heading east.

Thanx Chris.

--
AM

http://sctuser.home.comcast.net