Old December 14th 09, 10:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
BradGuth

Default The sky was full of meteors!

On Dec 14, 9:41*am, Chris L Peterson wrote:
The Geminids put on a very impressive performance over Colorado this
year. Last night my video allsky camera recorded 298 meteors, of which
at least 232 were Geminids. It caught a total of 419 Geminids over the
last four nights. Although the camera is only sensitive to magnitude 1,
it recorded a peak rate of 50 meteors per hour at 4am local this morning
(UT 11:00 14 December). I went out a few times during the night and
always saw many events, typically two or three per minute.

I've posted a composite image and many fireball videos athttp://www.cloudbait.com/science/geminid2009.html

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatoryhttp://www.cloudbait.com

That's way better than anything our NASA has to offer.

~ BG