Old December 6th 07, 05:20 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan

Default Random thought: Dark Matter & Dark Energy vs. Strong & Weak NuclearForces

Eric Gisse wrote:
Not even close.

The relative strengths are wrong, the scales involved exclude both,
the observed distribution of dark matter and energy excludes both, the
behavior of both dark matter and dark energy exclude both, and a
general ability to think should exclude the thought.

In fact, there are no similarities between the two sets whatsoever.

Yes, that's just about what I would have expected from you. In this case
it literally requires outside the box thinking, meaning outside our own
Universe. That's exactly why I brought up the term Superverse: I chose
the word Superverse as opposed to the oft-used Multiverse because of
difference in hierarchal concepts. A Multiverse implies a coalition of
equal but independent (kind of democratic) universes barely interacting
with each other. The Superverse implies a similar thing, but with each
of the micro-universes being governed by the rules of a macro-universe
(almost dictatorial).

So yes, the Strong and Weak forces of *our own universe* cannot possibly
work on such massive scales. But what about the Strong and Weak forces
of the Superverse? In the Superverse, our own Universe may be barely
just over the Superverse's Planck scale. And about relative strengths of
the nuclear forces vs. DM/DE, perhaps the difference of scales weaken
those forces in the Superverse?

No, because both the electroweak and strong nuclear forces are
mediated by massive particles whose ranges are signiciantly smaller
than the size of everything macroscopic.

And as we all know, there's no possible way that "dark mysterious
particles with large mass" could have any effect on the large scale
structures of the Universe, right? :-)

This may bring up other interesting questions. What if all of the atoms
or molecules of our own Universe are really just their own
micro-universes? Micro-universes with their own little complex
structures like clusters, galaxies, stars, etc. floating around inside
them? Therefore that would make our Universe, their Superverse. And
perhaps what we interpret as a Quantum scale, is really just a
Relativistic scale for these micro-universes? So all of the probablistic
quantum-scale actions we see at our own scale, manifest themselves as
spacetime warpages within their own scale. We're just too big to detect
those warpages directly, so we assign them a Quantum Mechanical
statistical explanation (i.e. we have to average them out, since we
can't measure them directly).

Yousuf Khan