Old November 1st 10, 10:52 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Paul B. Andersen[_7_]

Default TWIN PARADOX OR TWIN ABSURDITY?

On 01.11.2010 18:34, Androcles wrote:

http://home.c2i.net/pb_andersen/twins.html

Please apply this "definition" to your twin paradox demonstration as you
have clocks A and B so ably modelled:

"we establish by definition that the ``time'' required by light to travel
from A to B equals the ``time'' it requires to travel from B to A."
"In accordance with definition the two clocks synchronize if tB-tA =
t'A-tB "

Why does it paradoxically take 4 years for light to travel 10 light-years
when v = 0?

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Tusselbodger.JPG
(Clock B as observed by A = 10.72 years B time at clock A time of 14.75
years)

When B is stationary in frame A at 10LY, B's clock is showing
10.72 years. A's clock is simultaneously showing 14.75 years.
('Simultaneously' according to the definition you quoted above.)

It would however take another 10 years for this information to reach A.

Since the speed of information is zero in Androcles mind,
it will never reach you, though.
(Which I am sure you yet again will demonstrate.)

Difference is 4 years, Tusseladd is using FTL light.
"the velocity of light in our theory plays the part, physically, of an
infinitely great velocity." -- Einstein
Hilarious, yes?

Distant galaxies racing away from us are as they were at the time of the Big
Bonk, according to ASSistant professor Tusseladd's model.

Hilarious, yes?

Please supply your explanation NOW, then we can all share the joke.

I will give you another fact to laugh at:
Set 'acceleration distance' and 'acceleration' to maximum.
Clock B will then show just a little more than 3 years when it
reaches 10LY in frame A. Faster than light? :-)

That this phenomenon really happens in the real world is proven by
the cosmic muon lifetime experiment.

Androcles, the trivial tusseladd-beater.

Quite.
You swing a lot, but never hits. :-)

--
Paul