Old September 14th 04, 05:22 PM
Alexander Avtanski

William R. Thompson wrote:
Alexander Avtanski wrote:

This looks like a NOSS trio - fun to watch. Those are listed at Heavens-Above,
but if you do not specifically search for them, they most probably will not
show up in the list of satellites for the night, because are quite faint.

From main heavens-above page klick "Select staellite" and enter "NOSS%" in the
Satellite name box.

Just to pick a nit, you should enter NOSS 2-% The three groups of
triplets are all second-generation NOSS. I don't think any of the
first generation satellites are flying in formation (although it's
been a while since I looked for any of them.)

--Bill Thompson

Thanks for the information. I've seen NOSS 2-2 and also 2-1 (I think)
and was assuming that the rest are also flying in formation (although
I heard these were by pairs, not triplets). Now I know better, :-)

- Alex