Old February 19th 13, 07:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Curves in spacetime violate Heisenberg's uncertainty principle

On Feb 19, 9:19*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
Curves in spacetime violate Heisenberg's uncertainty principle

....this reminds me of the books by Roger Penrose, in which he defends
the conjecture that because spacetime's curvature can't be ambiguous,
it's the fact that we're heavy enough to give off gravity that
prevents us from meeting the fate of Schrodinger's cat, thus allowing
us to be conscious.

But isn't string theory taking care of cleaning up the rough edges
between quantum mechanics and general relativity?

John Savard