Old June 26th 05, 09:47 PM
Reed Snellenberger

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:17:11 GMT, in a place far, far away,
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

From:
h (Rand Simberg)

Yes, I suspect that the only thing that they can really use from the
existing ET program is the barrel sections. Otherwise, it's really a
new tank.

You don't think they'll need more wall thickness in that area?

I'm guessing not. Considering that you're already carrying well over
a million pounds of LOX at the top of the structure, adding another
quarter of a million pounds probably won't make that difference.

The LOX tank sits on the intertank, which "sits" on the SRM attach
points. The LH2 tank doesn't see much, if any, of that weight. It just
has to support itself and the LH2...

--
I was punching a text message into my | Reed Snellenberger
phone yesterday and thought, "they need | GPG KeyID: 5A978843