Old November 27th 03, 04:21 PM
John Zinni

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
We read that spiral galaxies have blackholes at their cores. I don't
hear that elliptical galaxies have blackholes at their cores.

"What evil lurks in the hearts of galaxies? This Hubble Space Telescope
picture of the center of the nearby elliptical galaxy NGC 4261 tells one
dramatic tale. The gas and dust in this disk are swirling into what is
almost certainly a massive black hole."

I read
that elliptical galaxies are created when two spiral galaxies
collide(come to gether) That means they can have two blackholes
revolving around each other. This could create a very bright core. I
saw a picture of elliptical galaxy NGC 147 and that is how I came up
with this thinking. Bert