Old February 6th 18, 10:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Falcon Heavy Static Fire

In article ,
says...
Flamethrowers are legal in 49 states. I know folks around here who
use them for weed control. You can't sue a manufacturer for selling a
legal product that functions as advertised.

Except this is really just a big propane torch in a fancy case (not a
"real" flamethrower that shoots out a burning liquid or gel). Musk put
a $20 tool (cost at Harbor Freight) inside a big case that looks like it
came from a movie, slapped the company name on it, and is selling it for
$500. And because he called it a "flamethrower" instead of propane
torch, he gets instant global press coverage. Marketing genius that.

Jeff