Old February 6th 18, 10:46 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Falcon Heavy Static Fire

In article ,
says...

Dynamic fire (aka: launch) at 13:30 Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday.

Note: Elon Musk once again tweeted it was going to Mars.

(as opposed to explaining it would go to elliptical orbit between earth
and mars orbits).

And posted a picture of a space dummy in the driver seat of the car.

Looks like the SpaceX pressure suit for commercial crew. Could be an
early mock-up or a test article. Hard to tell, but I'm sure it's a
"throw-away" piece that's not production hardware.

NASA would have donated such a thing to the Smithsonian where it would
have been packed in a crate and stored with the dozens of other pressure
suits where no one could ever see it (my speculation here).

Also, does anyone know why his Boring company marketed/sold flame
throwers? When the next California wild wire causing bilions in damages
will be blamed on somepone using Musk's flamethrowers for fun, it will
be bad PR for him (and possibly lawsuits).

Actually they sold propane torches (like for weed burning) in a fancy
looking case with their name on it.

Or is this a subtle jab at how silly it is for a country to refuse to
regulate dangerous weapons ?

Don't lose your **** over an over priced weed burner. OMG the sky isn't
falling.

Look, it's not a flame thrower. That would be illegal in California.
It's just a large propane torch or commonly known as a weed burner, so I
don't see the problem. I can pick one up at any Harbor Freight store
across the country for literally $19.99.

https://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-91033.html

Or you can order one online from any number of places (e.g. Walmart.com)
for about the same amount of money.

Musk is just a marketing genius. $500 for a gussied up $20 tool you can
buy "anywhere"? He's making a bit of cash on this one.

Jeff