Old August 27th 03, 03:58 PM
ncstargazer

Default Mars for the masses

Terry,
I hope your first public viewing will be the start of many years of such
events.
My wife and I have been sharing the heavens with the area children for about
15 years now. We have just as much fun as the kids do at these events. I
encourage everyone to host a group of kids sometime in the coming weeks to
view Mars. Invite a church's youth group. The local Boy Scouts or Cub
Scouts. Girls Scouts or other area youth group for a night under the stars
and I guarantee that you'll have the time of your life.

Marc
www.astrostickers.com

"Terry B" wrote in message
u...
I have just returned home from showing about 200 people mars through my
telescope. I had arranged with my son's school to set up on their sports
field tonight and the entire school was invited. I live in a small town

and
I think about 1/4 of the students and parents turned up. I have never done
any public viewing before and it was a good experience. Most of the kids
were able to make out the polar cap and everyone seemed to have a good

time.
an experience well worth repeating.

--
Terry Bohlsen