Old March 10th 04, 02:19 PM
Icarus

Default Purpose of a Black Hole in an Organized Universe

wrote:

The Universe has had billions of years to organize itself and
it is not just random kaos any more. Our solar system and
billions of others seem to be fairly well organized or there
would be constant kaos. Black holes have organized themselves
at the center of galaxies where there are greater
gravitational forces and that organization implies to me that
there is some kind of purpose for it. But what might that
purpose be?

Would anyone care to venture a theory as to the purpose of a
black whole.

'Purpose' denotes intelligence. Since there is no reason to
think that an intelligence is responsible for the universe, there
is no reason to think that there is any 'purpose' at all. A
black hole is just the inevitable result of a very large amount
of matter occupying a very small volume of space.