Old March 10th 04, 12:31 AM
quibbler

Default Purpose of a Black Hole in an Organized Universe

In article , harrymurphy1
@bigmailbox.net says...
The Universe has had billions of years to organize itself and it is
not just random kaos any more. Our solar system and billions of others
seem to be fairly well organized or there would be constant kaos.
Black holes have organized themselves at the center of galaxies where
there are greater gravitational forces and that organization implies
to me that there is some kind of purpose for it. But what might that
purpose be?

Would anyone care to venture a theory as to the purpose of a black
whole.

Not that it has to have a purpose, but if it does, perhaps it's to recycle
matter. Black holes do after all emit energy, which is theoretically
convertable back to matter. For that matter, if you have a bunch of black
holes of approximately the same size arranged around you in space, their
attraction could cancel each other out and provide regions of stability.