Old April 8th 21, 02:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Default Response video to Anton Petrov 0037

Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 00:51:26 +0000 (UTC)
R Kym Horsell wrote:

In alt.astronomy Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
It's a theory. It addresses a tremendous number of outstanding
questions about why our solar system is the way it is, why the
moons are the way they are, why there's such a stark contrast in
design from the inner "rocky" planets, and the outer "gas giants."

The main thing about scientific theories is they predict things.
Taking a few observations someone comes up with some rules
that predict something they didnt see in engineering up the rules.
If they're lucky they go out and make new observations and
their predictions are verified.
On theory is better than another if it makes more successful
predictions -- not just codifying observations which were known to
start with.

I have posted about this many times. It makes many predictions. In
addition to the ones outlined (such as the Earth used to be smaller,
and that there are vessels inside the Earth holding magma, water, the
recycling and reclamation chemicals that will be used when Earth goes
into Venus' orbit and becomes the next Venus):

I'm not sure how the "prediction" follows from the theory.
It just seems to be another part of the "theory" under
a whole list of other "and also X is true".

Of course this is allowed. But it isnt a prediction.
And, as I said, one theory is better than another if it makes
more predictions that turn out to be true.
Unless your theory makes "many more" preductions than standard
planetary science or geography noone will bother to look at it
because -- I know this is hard to believe -- but random people
create theories all the time that prima facie are going nowehere
so noone that has any interest in an area will give them a look
unless there is something obviously in their favor.

--
[T]he French Academy passed a resolution in 1775 saying they would no longer
even bother to examine any more proposed solutions for squaring the circle,