Old October 1st 03, 04:25 PM
Florian

Default OR: A few random star hops

Actually, NGC 6822 does not require much aperture. It is slightly
easier to see in my 12.5" scope than in my 7", but quite visible
in both. And I have heard reports of people seeing it in 7x50
binoculars, which isn't all that surprising if you think about it.

I usually find it easier in 16x70 binoculars than in a larger scope. =
With the scope it tends to fill the field and sometimes you can't tell =
you're looking at it at all until you pan back and forth a bit. I =
"think" i've seen it in 10x42 binoculars but i checked my logs and don't =
see that i actually said that i could.

-Florian