Old November 27th 03, 12:58 AM
Ken S. Tucker

Default Delta-Like Fan On Mars Suggests Ancient Rivers Were Persistent

"George" wrote in message "Robert Ehrlich" wrote in message
all due repect to NASA but the thangs look like debris-flow lobes --
debris flows don't require water

Joe Smith wrote:

How often do you see debris flow lobes make u-turn bends?

When dealing with Mars, one must always ask
if the same geologicals would result from wind
and gravitational erosion alone, excluding water.

For example, given 100 million erosion free years,
how does the Martian surface Transform.

Before accepting the conclusion of water,
we may solve the Martian landscape, with
dust in the wind, in a reduced g-field and
in a rarified atmosphere.

Since we are only beginning to understand
Earth's climatology, lets be patient about Mars.

On a personal note, I recall a Mariner Probe
arrived just at the time of a huge dust storm.
As this event occured in the Cold War, I didn't
know if this was a cover-up or truth.

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but I never did know
if the lenses on that Mariner may have just fogged.

And you know, back in those days, the 60's
fiction had more credibility than truth.

End and thanx again
Ken S.Tucker