Old March 5th 05, 05:15 PM
Bill Arnold

Default Double NOSS observation

Greetings,

I would like to pass along a rather unusual double NOSS pass I observed last
night (03-04-05 local CST).
I was waiting for my first sighting of NOSS 3-3 (A) and (C). They were
moving S to N, about 23° up in the East, as seen from my front yard. I
picked them up just before they passed under Regulus at about 18:38:15 CST.
The (A) satellite was a little brighter than the (C) satellite, and both
were about 1° apart, and I thought this is great to finally seen them!
Earlier as I was planning my observations, I had noticed that NOSS 3-1 (A)
and (C) were going to be in the same area, moving N to S as seen from where
I was. Sure enough at about 6:38:59 CST, I saw NOSS 3-1 (C) in front of NOSS
3-1 (A) moving above NOSS 3-3 pair!
While I have seen the 2-# NOSS as they passed overhead, this is the first
time I saw 4 NOSS in one binocular eyepiece field.
Is this a great hobby or what!

Bill Arnold