Old August 10th 03, 05:53 PM
Christopher

Default A human Mars mission?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:37:23 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:43:04 GMT, in a place far, far away,
(Christopher) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

You asked me to lobby Congress for you. It is customary to pay
lobbyists when they do so.

Not in my country you don't. Totally against the rules, and is
severly frowned upon.

You apparently don't understand the word "lobbying."

You apparently don't understand how our political system works.

It doesn't (necessarily) involve bribery, or money changing hands
between lobbyists and legislators. It simply means meeting with a
congressman and persuading (or attempting to persuade) him or her to
support some specific legislative action. However, most people who do
this do it for a living, so they need to be paid. I would as well.

Thats not allowed here. To persuade ministers to change legislation
is done in the House of Commons during Parliamentary debates, followed
by a vote and for specfic things at select committees where MP's can
put ministers and even the Prime Minister on the spot are the way we
do things, and for exceptional issues a judicial inquiry is
undertaken, tommorw one starts on Dr Kellys suicide, and who was
responsible, for the blame goes right to the top of the government.

Christopher
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill