Old January 7th 20, 01:04 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

Default What to expect

On Jan/6/2020 at 18:02, Jeff Findley wrote :
In article ,
says...

On 2020-01-06 14:19, Jeff Findley wrote:
SpaceX clearly sees Dragon 2 as a
stepping stone to Starliner, ...
Ahem. I assume you mean "Starship", don't you?

(Damn this hyperbolic fashion of using "star" in naming spacecraft not
designed for interstellar travel.)

Heh. The Starship is more of a Starliner than the Starliner.

The Starliner would more properly be named Starrowboat.

How about Startaxi? That would fit its purpose.

I would expect an airport-taxi to offer rides to the airport, a
city-taxi to offer rides around the city and a Startaxi to offer rides
to the stars. Even if you include the Sun as a star, Starliner is a
several orders of magnitudes short of being worthy of the Startaxi moniker.

How about Taxi-Leo? :-)

Alain Fournier