Old August 14th 16, 09:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Niklas Holsti

Default Sixth Falcon 9 landing

On 16-08-14 19:57 , Jeff Findley wrote:
In article , says...

You need good weather for launch, which includes relatively calm wind
speeds from the ground on up, so this is largely a non-issue. The
exception would be when the mission calls for a barge landing and ocean
conditions are rough, despite good weather for launch. How likely is
that? I'm not a weather expert, but my guess would be not likely.

I seem to remember that one of the early attempts at a barge landing was
aborted for just that reason, and the stage was "landed" on the water
instead.

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd