Old December 29th 13, 08:06 PM posted to sci.space.station
snidely

Default Cooling loop

on 12/28/2013, JF Mezei supposed :
On 13-12-28 04:43, Snidely wrote:

Dragon has an unpressurized section.

Doubt very much Dragon's unpressurised section comes back to earth (and
if it does, would likely expose the downmass to melting temperatures.

Just how big is the actual failed component in the pump assembly ?
Wouldn't have thought that a pump or valve would have been that big.

Look at the pictures of the astronauts moving it around. The long
dimension seems to be about 6-8 feet, the other 2 dimensions 4-6 feet.
I think I've seen 750 kg for the mass. I'm sure you can find actual
size on the NASA web site. There may even be a cutaway drawing in some
obscure PDF.

/dps

--
I have always been glad we weren't killed that night. I do not know
any particular reason, but I have always been glad.