Old December 26th 20, 09:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_3_]

Default Scientists spot promising super-Earth planets just 11 light-yearsaway

On 26/12/2020 6:51 am, wrote:

If you are afraid of repeating yourself ..... *DON'T* !!

Didn't say I was afraid of repeating myself, but only acknowledging that I may have made this important point previously.

And who's to say they haven't?? Just because the haven't visited you, yet!!
--

They certainly haven't visited anybody, since such visits are clearly impossible for the reasons I've stated. Possible speeds, even approaching light ( which will never happen ), are far too slow to practically traverse the mind bogling vast distances.

If anyone claims otherwise, then the onus is on them to demonstrate how this might be even remotely possible. Show me ...

Humans are basically bacteria on a bit of carbon floating around the
sun. We are in a stage of evolution where many consider ridiculous
ideas like travel between the stars/meeting aliens etc are actually
feasible. Makes me lol every time : )