Old February 5th 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M1 reprocessed

When I originally posted this AIM4Windows was used to process M1 and it
choked on the large file size the STL-11000 takes. I had to process it
blindly as the software wouldn't display the image. I'd save the image
as a TIFF, look at it in another program then make an adjustment and try
again. The result wasn't great but was better than when I took it on
film many years ago. Now that I have Photoshop I used a cloudy evening
to reprocess it when I could see what I was doing. The filaments came
out much cleaner and the color is far better. Now I need some H alpha
data to complete it.

14" LX200R@f/10, L=6x5' RGB=3x5' all binned 2x2, STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails