Old October 3rd 06, 04:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy
pete[_1_]

Default (Poll) Space Tourism

on Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:54:37 GMT, Christopher sez:
` On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 06:37:49 -0500, Pat Flannery
` wrote:

`
` PS wrote:
`
` And it is not like it is such a good thing either. Humans are
` like a devolved species.
`
`
` We're just monkeys

` Apes, and we never had a tail.

Never? That's a good trick, considering the first tetrapod had a tail,
and damn near every one since, except a rare few including us...
Heck, I would guess our ancestors first acquired tails somewhere
around the time they became chordates, 600Mya, and didn't lose them
until perhaps 40Mya.

` who lost our tails growing up from little snails,
` after all. ;-)
`

Pete Vincent
Disclaimer: all I know I learned from reading Usenet.