Old September 3rd 04, 10:24 PM
Eric Chomko

Alain Fournier ) wrote:
: In the 01 September 2004 edition of the NewScientist there is an article
: about an unexplained radio signal found by the SETI@home project.
: (http://www.newscientist.com/news/nog...?id=ns99996341)

: The article has little information about the nature of the signal.
: They do talk about the wave length and the patch of sky it comes
: from and that it had been detected three times. But they don't say
: how many bits it is or how strong it is. I assume they didn't receive
: a digital encyclopedia, they would then be sure of its intelligent
: origin. But is the signal more than a single beep barely stronger than
: background noise? Does any one have information about how different
: from back ground noise theses signals are?

There was something similar in the 60s, I believe. They called 'LGM'. It
turned out that they had discovered the first pulsar and not Little Green
Men.

Eric

: Alain Fournier