Old March 12th 08, 03:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Military vs Civilian Orbital Laboratories, Vehicles, and Crews

On Mar 11, 5:06*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
wrote:

Not an implication but a fact. *It wasn't just "military goals", it
was military missions, as simple as spacecraft delivery

MOL had nothing whatsoever to do with the Shuttle; it was a manned
reconsat that was canceled before the Shuttle program even started.

Charlie is hung up on the misconception that prior to Reagan's
inauguration, modifications to SLC-6 (originally developed for the
MOL) reflected military design of the space shuttle. Hence my mention
of "supporting structure," which you apparently overlooked or didn't
understand why you should consider, Pat.

In dozens of posts now, Charlie has plainly demonstrated no detailed
knowledge of any such modifications to SLC-6, at least not any that he
cares to post. We are to accept on blind faith that modifications
began at SLC-6 in 1979 and 1980, more specifically, modifications that
reflected the shuttle's *military* design.

The only work I'm aware of at SLC-6 during the Carter years was the
relocation of the tower by several feet. That was done only for the
*possibility* that SLC-6 might eventually launch a shuttle, *after* a
satisfactory military design had been approved for the shuttle and
military shuttle development had been funded.

Can you provide any support for Charlie's empty contention in this
regard, since he is obviously spinning about like a 45 platter stuck
on a soundless groove?

JTM