Old November 8th 07, 01:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Fred J. McCall

Default Hillary Clinton Declares War on....I TOLD YOU!

"Revision" wrote:
:
:Second, though I would rather have a broomstick 25 cm up my ass than see
:Hillary elected President, the fact remains than manned space has been an
:enormous cash drain at the expense of unmanned science probes, so if it
:is bad news for some that Hillary wants to move money from manned space
:to science, it is good news for others.
:

Except that history indicates that that is not what happens. When
manned space gets cut, unmanned space gets cut, too. The money taken
from manned space doesn't go to unmanned space. It goes to public
housing or some such. It effectively disappears from 'space'
entirely. Then some of the money from unmanned space follows it out.

If you're a global warming evangelist you might do ok under Hillary.
If you're a planetary scientist she is going to be bad news for you.
If your interest is manned space flight she is going to be REALLY bad
news for you.

--
"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."
-- Charles Pinckney