Old May 28th 08, 07:29 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

Default I thought: "There's a lot of jade on Mars!"

On Tue, 27 May 2008 13:06:44 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Watching the A&E remake?

....Saw it the night I got home with "Stumpy", thanks to the usual
sources. Talk about pathetic remakes, especially the set design.
There's not a single bio lab in the world that uses those "electric
blue" lighting schemes - hell, even most discos have dropped them! But
what turned me off were the asinine additions to the plot and
backstory. Andromeda being an intelligent virus from the future? Give
me a frackin' break.

There's another remake that didn't need to be made...they are using it
to advertise the "Get Smart" movie, which is yet another thing that
didn't have to be redone.

....On the other hand, Mel Brooks has given the movie his blessing.
Either that was part of the royalties deal, or he really *does* like
it.

OM
--
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [