Old January 11th 08, 10:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: SH2-274 The Medusa Planetary Nebula

Conditions for this were awful. Clouds, fog, moon and seeing were all
against me. Took several nights over two months to get this much. This
has been a horrible fall and winter for imaging. RGB was taken with
nasty moonlight which was a bear to equalize. Still not quite right but
I give up. Nature has it in for me or am I paranoid? Nah, that
couldn't be it.

Reduced to 1.5" per pixel to hide lousy seeing somewhat. At least this
guy has an obvious central star. Though it certainly isn't symmetrical.
Under better conditions the western side should have shown up. Just
couldn't pull it through all the gunk and limited exposure time. I
should go back and get more time on it if the weather ever clears (not
supposed to until after first quarter moon. Spitting snow and ice
pellets right now but rather warm at -7C.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SH2-274LUM4X10RGB2X10R67.jpg