Old March 18th 12, 09:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default NASA.....Rest in Peace!

On 2012-03-18 00:49:59 +0000, Jonathan said:

NASA has become a shadow of it's past. Why?
Let me list only the most recent embarrassments.

1) The (Russian) International Space Station!

The 'promise' of microgravity research!

Currently crewed by Anton, Anatoly, Oleg, Andre, Don
and Dan. Replacing former crew Sergei, Satoshi and Mike.
Which replaced the previous crew of Borisenko, Samokutyaev
and Ron. *At least the Russians still give us seat or two.

It's all we can do to keep it up, let alone do any significant science.
Turns out those 'promises' were nothing more than a two-bit sales pitch..

Facts please. * The science hours on Station are up the last 4 months
or so. *The idea that all that is done on Station is build or maintain
it was during 3 man crews during assembly. *These days it's different.
Has been for almost a year.

True micro gravity science can only be accomplished at places like our
Earth-moon-L1 or Venus-L2. ISS as is is too spendy, risky and
otherwise limited.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#