Old July 7th 03, 05:33 AM
Peter Stickney

Default Columbia,: It was so obvious to a layperson, but not to those "inf

In article ,
"Kent Betts" writes:
According to one CAIB witness, Columbia never made the transition to the
turbulent flow regime. It was one of the early thermo or aero dynamicists.

I haven't seen that yet. Unless they were looking at certain specific
sensors, most of which are, I believe no longer installed, I'm not so
sure that they'd be able to tell easily. Under normal conditions
that's true, but a leading-edge (RCC) irregularity could trigger a
transition early.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster