Old August 4th 08, 06:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
[email protected]

Default Roll Anomaly

On Aug 4, 1:41 pm, Rick Jones wrote:
In sci.space.history Pat Flannery wrote:

Martha Adams wrote:

I notice Musk says he's brought in a "large" investor. I don't
like to hear that, for now Musk no longer entirely owns his
company. Who are the new people and what's their track record?
??

That's interesting...Rutan's Scaled Composites got bought out by
Northrop Grumman recently.

Isn't NorthropGrumman the only "major" US defense contractor without a
"serious" launch capability? One could see them investing in SpaceX
as a further fleshing-out of their Scaled Composites purchase.

Nobody does. LM and Boeing had to firewall their launch vehicle
groups from the spacecraft group and now they are further separated to
even say that they are not part of the same company.

Having a "launch capability" within the same company doesn't have any
advantages.