Old April 5th 07, 07:05 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Venus is not too hot to touch with the Ovglove

OOPS! Now I've gone and insulted the Ovgolve cult of mindless
morons. Sorry about that.

Perhaps Venus is simply too freaking hot to touch, even with the
Ovglove.

Within an average of having been losing 20.5 w/m2, this represents
that some areas of the Venus surface are perhaps worth less than a w/
m2, with other areas radiating at perhaps 200 w/m2, and of course more
than a few active mud, lava and gas vents contributing their energy at
many thousands of watts per square meter.

So, the Ovglove applications are at best spotty, and along with the IR
CCD or most likely using of some other thermally tolerant instrument
of such technology at hand, there's no good reason to think of our
having to walk on those extra toasty locations where the heat of
what's geothermally forced is excessively pushing the limits of those
EVA Ovglove suits as intended and thus configured for keeping their
folks cool.

Technically it is much tougher to get rid of surplus heat than it is
for insulating yourself from the cold. However, the double IR/FIR
environment of our daytime moon that's physically dark and nasty in
more ways than passive heat, such as for benefiting those sorts of
robust robotic instruments that'll have to survive the solar IR plus
all of the locally reflected IR and of the secondary/recoil worth of
the mid and far infrared(FIR), should more than apply to this
application of such robotics and perhaps a few brave souls safely
accomplishing Venus. In fact the moon's secondary/recoil worth of
what's near, mid and far infrared combined is likely worth every bit
as much as the solar influx, though fortunately our Venus surface by
season of nighttime is without solar IR to begin with, and even by day
there's not all that much solar IR that ever reaches that S8 and
acidic h2o cloud protected surface.

There's obviously more to behold and appreciate about all the NIR, MIF
and FIR spectrums of our universe than there is from our biologically
limited if not evolution deprived visual spectrum (there are bugs,
more than a few other significant species including birds that
actually see much better than us humans)
http://www.ipac.caltech.edu/Outreach...irregions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared

Our seeing by night while exploring or otherwise doing our business of
depositing or extracting whatever from Venus is not the least bit of a
compromise, or is it outside of most any thermal environment spec.
Cruising Venus by way of a suitable composite rigid airship is just
downright nifty, and rather energy efficient to boot.
-
Brad Guth